Monday, February 16, 2009

Two Weeks Today!


Rachel has been with us now for two whole weeks. The amount of English she speaks and the even huger amount she understands after 14 days is really astonishing. All my children to this point have been genius's (which I don't know how to spell, so they are smarter than me...), now I see that Rachel is following in this proud tradition.

She spoke to her Grampa Thurlow on the phone today. Saying "Hello, Grampa!" and "I love you!" Then she spoke rapid Marathi telling him all sorts of happy things. We can only guess, but I think it had to do with her excitement over her jean skirt with poodles all over it.

Tom finally finished his blog entry below and added pictures, so if you think you read it, try again. The only pers0n up on this that I know of is my precious Emily.

Tom is at "the Walmart" with Rachel right now buying some bananas and a trash can for her room. It bothers her silly that she has no place in her room to put trash. She has assigned a bottom drawer in her dresser for the bits of trash, like price tags from new socks. She hates mess. Weird. Anyway they are off buying a small trash can which she will pick out. This will be more exciting for her than for most people (um, like me.)

Annie is coming today with Baby James! So are the Webers. (The Beaches will be along in two weeks!) We are so excited. Pictures to follow.

love, M

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember that rock wall at your property... did you do that? Amazing it looks... and so cute in the bee suits...just adorable!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete