Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Becoming part of the family

Annie and her new baby sister















Most of these pictures were taken by Rachel herself!
















Taco with Daddy at Jack in the Box.








Baby James





Sister Mary Grace and baby Matthew. (No, she's not a nun, I just love the names Mary and Grace!)





We've had a wonderful past few days.


As you know, Rachel has been to court with Daddy. This actually a family tradition. Over the years all of the kids and a few of the grandkids have spent time in court with either me or Tom. I remember the judge calling me to the bench once to point out that Nathan, who I had stashed in the safety of the jury box, was beginning to snore. This will live in infamy. Rachel, for her part, just smiled a lot and said her trademark "hellloooo"!

Annie and James and Mary and Joe and the brood all came to visit. I think Rachel and Olivia are now best friends. They seem to be about the same age (five.) Both parted with many tears. I was sad for Rachel, but also delighted that she loves Olivia and that she is so close to her emotions. She does not seem to be an "institutionalized" child. I praise our Lord for placing her in such an excellent orphanage where she clearly was loved and well-taken care of.
Tom and I have been praying for this little child for the past year that she would be happy, safe, and loved while we waited out the bureaucrats who finally granted her release to us. Mommy and Daddy. Now, she is home for good. It feels like she has always been here.
Praise you, Lord Jesus!
--Marty

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see that Rachel likes Monster Tacos! She's a true Thurlow!!!

    Can't wait to meet Rachel. We've listened to her voicemail about 100 times!!

    All our love!!!

    ReplyDelete