Wednesday, February 25, 2009

To the Doctor!

Today we went to see Dr. Wong, Rachel's new pediatrician. She was wonderful! After an exam and some observations of Rachel's chattyness and drawing, Dr. Wong gave the opinion that Rachel is ....between 4 and 5 years old. But she ordered a bone age x-ray that should give us more specific information. I'm guessing closer to five than 4, but we'll see what the radiologist says. We may know by Friday. Here's hoping!

Because Rachel's records are so scatty, Dr. Wong ordered her to start over with new shots. She had FIVE!!!! today. Poor thing. She was not brave. Neither were Mary or Nathan. So, no shame in crying. Nathan kicked and screamed so bad once that the needle broke off in his little leg and Mary kicked the Dr. so hard in the ...a...groin....area that he stormed off and said, "forget it."

Annie on the other hand was totally brave. (BTW, Olivia is just like Aunt Annie. When I was with Ollie for her last set of shots and asked her if she was scared, she looked at me with contempt and said a simple "no." I was embarrassed for suggesting it.)

Next post should include Rachel's age!

--M

2 comments:

  1. I still feel bad about that whole kicking in the groin thing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so enjoying reading this here in Australia and having met the family (except for the last lot of littlies) I feel I can visualise what is happening - thank you all for sharing this wonderful story - love - Bella

    ReplyDelete