Friday, February 6, 2009

Prayer

I realized today as I was dozing off that we have given a bit of a travelogue of our adventures in India. We’ve also given you a peek into our bonding with this amazing child. However, we have forgotten to write what is very much in our hearts. This entire adventure and the miracle of Rachel is all because the Lord is so very good.

We have been praying constantly throughout this journey, especially here in India. As we are surrounded by idol after idol on the walls, in the streets, everywhere, we keep thanking the one true God for His choosing us to parent this little child. We have prayed with her at every meal and at bedtime and sometimes in between. I believe in that future day when she has her own very personal relationship with the Savior. Tom is a real prayer warrior. We prayed at the orphanage, the courthouse, the American Embassy (repeatedly) and the doctor’s office. Our Lord Jesus answered by smoothing the way.

I’m more of a coward. If I said grace in a restaurant it would have been something like, “Thank you, Lord for this food. Amen.” But Tommy prays here in public just as if we were at home at our own dinner table. He thanks Jesus for our marriage, our brave little child, our trip, and of course, our food. Waiters are often standing by waiting for him to finish. I have the most wonderful husband in the world. I wish that all who know him could know his love for our Lord also.

So, we go home tomorrow beginning with a taxi at 4 a.m. to Gandhi International Airport. Then on to Singapore, Hong Kong, and San Francisco. I’m sure we will be praying the entire way.

I can’t wait to get home!

Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment